In this episode, we welcome back to the podcast educator and ISTE Author, Dr. Michele Haiken, to chat about her favorite creative classroom projects and EdTech tools to showcase student learning and help kids strengthen SEL skills. You’ll hear about her new book Creative SEL: Using Hands-On Projects to Boost Social-Emotional Learning.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Building SEL Skills with Projects
- Examine your SEL goals.
- Refer to the CASEL Framework.
- Develop projects with design thinking in mind.
- Give students the opportunity to work in groups.
Sponsored by my FREE weekly planner pages
This episode is sponsored by my free weekly planner pages! I’ve created a downloadable set of planner pages for you that you can start using today. It’s a great way to stay organized in the new year or any time you like. Print them out to write in your daily schedule and tasks, or use the file on your tablet or computer to keep track of your to-do list and set your priorities each day. These planner pages are totally free, and you can find them at classtechtips.com/planner
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out Michele Haiken’s new book on Amazon & blog
- Connect with Michele Haiken on Instagram & Twitter
- Pear Deck (Student Engagement tool)
- Screencastify (Screen Recorder tool)
- Canva for Education (Graphic design platform)
- Book Creator (Ebook creation tool)
- Adobe Express for Education (Free creation tools)
- iMovie (Moviemaking tool)
- Tips for Creating Podcasts with Students with Michele Haiken (Podcast Episode)
- Using Technology to Scaffold Social-Emotional Learning Skills (Blog Post)
- Power of Pausing Reflection Activities for Your Classroom with Rachelle Dene Poth (Podcast Episode)
- 5 Spring Poetry Websites for Your Next Poetry Project (Blog Post)
- Role of Technology in Design Thinking with Dr. Sabba Quidwai (Podcast Episode)
- Supporting Social Emotional Learning in the Classroom (Blog Post)
- How to Boost Productivity with Creative Journaling with Nichole Carter (Podcast Episode)
- 9 Screencasting Tools for the Classroom (Blog Post)
- Starting the School Year with Book Creator Activity Ideas (Blog Post)
- Uncheatable Assessments and the Role of Digital Storytelling in the Classroom with Michael Hernandez (Podcast Episode)
- How to Make An Animated Winter Video (Blog Post)
- 6 Apps and Websites To Make Video Journals (Blog Post)
- Using AI Chatbots to Enhance Planning and Instruction – Quick Reference Guide (Blog Post)
- How to Use Wakelet Portfolios to Capture Student Learning (Blog Post)