In this episode, Michael Hernandez, Teacher and ISTE Author, discusses the power of digital storytelling and tips for infusing creativity into any classroom. You’ll hear his take on “uncheatable assessments” and how to unlock the full potential of digital storytelling to transform the way we check for understanding.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Creating Uncheatable Assessments
- Keep it simple.
- Start small and low tech.
- Focus on content.
- Provide purpose for your curriculum.
Sponsored by my new free ebook on ChatGPT
This episode is sponsored by my new free ebook on ChatGPT! It’s called “60+ Must-Try ChatGPT Prompts for Teachers” and it’s full of ideas that will save you oodles of time. To grab the free ebook, go to ClassTechTips.com/ChatGPTbook.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
Click to see the transcript
- Check out Change the Narrative Podcast with Michael Hernandez
- Find Michael Hernandez’s book Storytelling With Purpose
- Connect with Michael Hernandez on LinkedIn, Twitter, & Instagram
- 12 Creative and Tech-Friendly Assessment Ideas (Blog Post)
- Forget a Debate! Try a Podcast with Students Instead (Podcast Episode)
- A Microblogging Lesson Idea and Template You Can Customize (Blog Post)
- How to Create a Video Essay with Students (Blog Post)
- 3 Time-Saving Assessment Tips for Teachers with Willisa Osburn (Podcast Episode)
- How to Choose an Audience for Student Projects (Blog Post)
- 7 Storyboard Examples You Can Use in Any Subject Area (Podcast Episode)
- 6 Apps and Websites To Make Video Journals (Blog Post)
- 8 Time-Saving Tips for Teaching with Podcasts (Podcast episode)
- Use Digital Videos for Assessment and Engagement with Screencastify (Blog Post)
- The Benefits of Using Moviemaking in Your Classroom with Jessica Pack (Podcast Episode)
- Innovative Assessment How to Incorporate Video Essays in Your Classroom (Podcast Episode)