In this episode, Dr. Michele Haiken shares strategies for creating podcasts with your students. Podcasting is a great way to get kids talking about a topic, sharing what they’ve learned, and working together with a common goal. You’ll hear tips for getting started and ideas for taking podcasting to the next level in your classroom.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Creating Podcasts with Students
- First, have your content or learning goal in mind.
- Next, pick out some mentor texts or examples of podcasts you can share with students.
- Then, have a graphic organizer or extra support to help students as they make their own podcast a reality.
- Finally, celebrate — make sure students have a chance to share what it is that they’ve made and let others listen to their great work.
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Michele Haiken’s Instagram, Twitter
- Michele Haiken’s Blog
- JumpStart Guide
- Personalized Reading: Digital Strategies and Tools to Support All Learners (Michele Haiken’s book)
- New Realms for Writing (Michele Haiken’s book)
- Anchor (Podcasting Tool)
- Spreaker (Podcasting Tool)
- Audacity (Audio Software)
- Podcasting in the Classroom? Here’s a Byte-Sized Option (Blog Post)
- Forget a Debate! Try a Podcast with Students Instead (Podcast Episode)
- How To Promote Healthy Media Use In Your Classroom (Podcast Episode)