In this episode, Dr. Sabba Quidwai joins me for a discussion around the role of technology in design thinking. You’ll hear about why it is important to incorporate design thinking in your teaching, connections to empathy and collaboration, and some tools and activities to get you started!
Do you want to learn how to incorporate design thinking in your teaching?
This process that students solve problems and explore new ideas. It’s about empathy, collaboration, and creativity. It can be used by anyone – not just folks in creative careers! In this episode of the Easy EdTech Podcast, Dr. Sabba Quidwai joins me for a discussion around the role of technology in design thinking. You’ll hear about why it is important to incorporate design thinking in your teaching, how to make connections to empathy and collaboration, and some favorite tools and activities to get you started!
This podcast will help you understand what design thinking is all about. Educators at any level (from elementary school teachers all the way up through university professors) can incorporate design thinking into their work.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Design Thinking Tips
- First, take a step back.
- Next, press pause to listen.
- Then, build a mindset that embraces ambiguity.
- Finally, use collaborative online spaces.
Sponsored by Hall Technologies
This episode is sponsored by Hall Technologies, the team behind HIVE Control, cloud-based AV for any state of learning. I’m so excited to be partnering with them again and sharing their role in the EdTech space. You can check out my exclusive blog post that covers how their solution creates a seamless learning environment with various devices and technologies. Head over to halltechav.com to learn more!
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out Dr. Sabba Quidwai’s website and podcast
- Follow Dr. Sabba Quidwai on Instagram
- Mural (Visual digital workspace)
- Try out the Lightning Decision Jam Activity (See it in action here)
- Social Emotional Learning in the Digital World with Krista Leh (Podcast Episode)
- Why Design Thinking Has a Place in Your Classroom (Blog Post)
- Class Tech Tips Free Newsletter & EdTech Events and Workshops
- Easy EdTech Club (Sign up & Waitlist)