In this episode, I share ten engaging activities that combine education, technology, and plenty of fun to make the first week of class super memorable. From digital scavenger hunts to virtual field trips, hear about a few of my favorite ways to create an interactive start to your school year.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for First Week of School Activity Ideas
- Establish routines in a fun way.
- Provide opportunities for collaboration.
- Introduce tech tools that will be used all year.
Sponsored by my Easy EdTech Club
This episode is sponsored by my Easy EdTech Club. I open the doors to new members just a few times a year, and you can grab your spot from July 20th to July 31st. It’s a special monthly membership where I share professional learning resources for educators interested and excited about using digital strategies for teaching and learning. Learn more at ClassTechTips.com/Club
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- QRStuff.com (QR Code Generator)
- Microsoft Flip (Video discussion tool)
- Google Slides (Free Online Presentation Tool)
- Adobe Express for Education (Free creation tools)
- Google Sites
- Padlet (Online Discussion tool)
- Canva for Education (Graphic design platform)
- Google Arts & Culture
- Scratch (Coding tool for kids)
- Mentimeter (Interactive Presentation Software)
- 12 Websites for Summer Virtual Field Trips (Blog Post)
- 10 First Week of Class Activities (Blog Post)
- 12 Websites to Make Timelines with Students (Blog Post)
- 5 Ways to Use Word Clouds in Every Subject Area (Podcast Episode)
- 9 Reasons Why I Love Google Slides (And You Should, Too) (Blog Post)
- How to Make Computer Science Standards Fun with Laurie Guyon (Podcast Episode)
- How to Create a Video Essay with Students (Blog Post)
- Free Adobe Express Templates for Student Creativity Challenge (Blog Post)
- 5 Types of Tech-Friendly Discussions That Promote Collaboration (Podcast Episode)
- Setting the Stage for Using Tech in the First Weeks of School (Podcast Episode)
- Quick QR Code Tips To Add To Your Toolbelt (Podcast Episode)
- How to Link Google Forms to QR Codes (Podcast Episode)
- Add QR Codes to Posters With These Quick Steps (Blog Post)
- Deeper Learning With QR Codes and Augmented Reality: A Scannable Solution for Your Classroom
- 3 Creative Projects featuring Pear Deck and Adobe Express (Blog Post)
- 5 Ways to Save Planning Time for Your Next Creative Project (Blog Post)
- Exciting Project Ideas for Any Time of the School Year with Ainsley Hill (Podcast Episode)
- 5 Creative Activities for Kids of All Ages (Podcast Episode)