In today’s episode, Instructional Technology Facilitator Ainsley Hill joins for a conversation about the fantastic ways she helps teachers incorporate EdTech into engaging projects for students. You’ll also hear about a variety of project ideas, digital tool recommendations, and inspiration to take back to your work with students or supporting classroom teachers.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Project Ideas
- Choose an open-ended creation tool.
- Take ‘baby steps’ to get comfortable with the tool.
- Try an activity with a social media connection.
- Reach out for help and inspiration.
Sponsored by Responsibility.org
This episode is brought to you by the Ask, Listen, Learn underage drinking program. April is alcohol responsibility month–are you and your students ready? Ask, Listen, Learn offers free, evidence-based digital resources to empower kids to say YES to a healthy lifestyle and NO to underage drinking by teaching them about the science behind how alcohol affects the developing brain. Visit asklistenlearn.org to access the videos, lesson plans, parent resources, and more.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
Click to see the transcript
- Connect with Ainsley Hill on Twitter
- Sketches School (Drawing app)
- Canva for Education (Graphic design platform)
- Apple Clips (Video Creation tool)
- Keynote (Presentation Tool)
- iMovie (Moviemaking Tool)
- Adobe Express for Education (Free creation tools)
- Google Slides (Free Online Presentation Tool)
- Book Creator (Ebook creation tool)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (Slide creation tool)
- A Creative Activity to Help Share Student Talents (Blog Post)
- How to Make Sure Your Next Project is Authentic with Kristin Harrington (Podcast Episode)
- 5 Reasons to Try a Comic Strips Activity (Blog Post)
- How to Create a Video Essay with Students (Blog Post)
- Quick Classroom Activity for Making Math Memes (Blog Post)
- 3 Social Media Inspired Student Projects (Podcast Episode)
- Starting the School Year with Book Creator Activity Ideas (Blog Post)
- Creative Challenge for the First Weeks of School (Blog Post)
- Student-Friendly Jamboard Activities for Any Classroom (Podcast Episode)
- A Collaborative Meme Studio for Your Classroom (Blog Post)
- 9 Reasons Why I Love Google Slides (And You Should, Too) (Blog Post)
- How to Find Photos for Student Projects (Blog Post)
- Writing Without Limits Strategies for Encouraging Creativity with Katharine Hsu (Podcast Episode)
- A Microblogging Lesson Idea and Template You Can Customize (Blog Post)