In this episode, I share some favorite tech-infused classroom activities to kick off the first weeks of school. You can help kids get to know each other and get familiar with EdTech tools at the same time. You’ll hear about my favorite tools for students to create lots of different projects across the content areas and cultivate their creativity this school year!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Ideas for the First Weeks of School
- All About Me Project
- Community Scavenger Hunt
- Capture Pictures & Video
- Model a Digital Read Aloud
- Share a Favorite Shortcut
Sponsored by Tract
You can’t put a price tag on a teacher’s most valuable asset – time – which is why Tract is giving time back to teachers for FREE this back-to-school season.
In partnership with student-favorite athletes, creators, and artists, Tract is kicking off the school year with a set of curriculum aligned Project Guides designed for students in grades 3 – 8. Each guide is chock-full of enriching educational content and on-demand challenges, posed as driving questions, designed to stir creativity and challenge students to solve real-world problems.
View the project guides and join Tract FREE by visiting teach.tract.app and use access code MONICA at sign up.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Connect with Monica Burns on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- EdTech Books by Monica Burns
- Newsela (ELA and Current Events resource)
- Book Creator (Ebook creation tool)
- QRStuff.com (QR Code Generator)
- Google Slides (Free Online Presentation Tool)
- Flip (Video discussion tool)
- Seesaw (Student-driven Digital Portfolios & ParentCommunication)
- Epic! (Online book collection)
- Five Creative Back-To-School Activities with Book Creator (TCEA Article)
- Back to School Activities and Inspiration with BrainPOP (Blog Post)
- 7 Google Calendar Tips for Teachers (Blog Post)
- Quick QR Code Tips To Add To Your Toolbelt (Podcast Episode)
- Must-Try Updates! New Features in Book Creator (Blog Post)
- How to Create a Comic Strip in Google Slides (Blog Post)
- A Creative Activity to Help Share Student Talents (Blog Post)
- 10 Book Creator SEL Projects for Your Classroom (Blog Post)