In this episode, ASCD author and educator, Christine Arnold, joins to discuss her book, The Minimalist Teacher. You’ll hear about a special framework introduced in the book, some favorite strategies for kicking off the school year, and ways to keep things simple all year long. If you’re curious about how to put minimalist classroom strategies into action, then this episode is for you!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Minimalist Classrooms
- Set a purpose for the school year.
- Reflect on what brings you joy.
- Keep your toolbelt light.
- Watch out for clunky workflows
Sponsored by Hāpara
This episode is sponsored by Hapara, your all-in-one solution for powering awesome digital teaching and learning. Hapara provides tools for monitoring and filtering that teach true digital citizenship; instructional tools that make learning flexible and personalized; student organization tools that teach executive function skills; a digital reader optimized for K-12 learners that makes all content WCAG 2.0 compliant; and content distribution tools to provide equitable access to learning materials for every student. To learn more visit us at www.hapara.com/demo
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Learn more about Christine Arnold’s & Tammy Musiowsky-Borneman’s book
- Connect with Christine Arnold on Twitter
- Simple Strategies and EdTech Tools to Boost Productivity with Tammy Musiowsky (Podcast Episode)
- 7 Digital Spring Cleaning Tips for Every Educator (Blog Post)
- Quick Tips for Keeping Track of Your Professional Goals (Podcast Episode)
- Just 3 Tech Tips to Try This Year (Podcast Episode)
- Why Optimize Is My One Word for 2022 (Podcast Episode)
- 10 Quick Tips to Organize Your Google Drive (Freebie)
- How to Start Out and Stay Organized This School Year (Podcast Episode)
- 3 Time-Saving Assessment Tips for Teachers with Willisa Osburn (Podcast Episode)
- How Google Forms Transformed My Data Collection (Podcast Episode)
- 9 Reasons Why I Love Google Slides (And You Should, Too) (Blog Post)
- 5 Tips to Keep EdTech Simple This School Year (Blog Post)
- 3 Ways to Use Google Docs When You Don’t Have Google Classroom (Podcast Episode)
- 50 End of the Year Gifts for Teachers (Blog Post)
- Summer Amazon Teacher Favorites