Looking to save time in your assessment routine? In this episode, Willisa Osburn shares three time-saving tips for formative and summative assessment alongside some favorite tools. You’ll hear about automating tasks, setting up your digital workspace, and the long-term benefits of vertical planning.
Want to save time with assessments?
How do you fit all of your assessment tasks into a busy day? Assessment can feel overwhelming, but if you’re organized and efficient with your time, it doesn’t have to be! I’m so glad that Willisa Osburn could join in to share three of her favorite assessment tips.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Assessments Tips for Teachers
- First, reflect on the idea of “positive productivity.”
- Next, things that can be automated should be automated.
- Then, split your screen when reviewing student work.
- Finally, create rubrics collaboratively and vertically.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out Willisa Osburn’s website
- Listen to Willisa Osburn’s podcasts
- Follow Willisa Osburn on Instagram
- Victorian Curriculum
- Microsoft Forms (Data Collection tool)
- Google Forms (Data Collection tool)
- Kahoot! (Game Based Learning Platform)
- How Google Forms Transformed My Data Collection (Podcast Episode)
- Rethink Formative Assessment with Microsoft Forms (Blog Post)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Kahoot’s Summer Update (Blog Post)
- 10 Tools Every Coach Can Use Tomorrow (Podcast Episode)
- 10 Quick Tips to Organize Your Google Drive (Freebie)