In this episode, we’ll go over five creative ways for spotlighting your passions – some of these are part of my regular practice of sharing things I’m passionate about. You’ll also hear how to empower students of all ages to celebrate their passions with these creative activities!
In today’s episode, we’ll go over five creative ways to share your passions. Some of these are part of my regular practice of sharing things I’m passionate about. Others I’ve tried a few times and loved, even if they’re not on my daily, weekly, or monthly way of sharing.
Best of all… All of these ideas are ones your students can try, too.
If you’d like to dive into the topic a bit further, check out the replay to the webinar I led for Edmodo. You can find the link in the below.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Spotlighting Your Passions
- First, decide on a passion or topic to spotlight.
- Next, choose one way from the list to get started.
- Then, let others know what you’re working on.
- Finally, share with the world.
Sponsored by EdTech Essentials
This episode is sponsored by EdTech Essentials: The Top 10 Technology Strategies for All Learning Environments, my newest book from ASCD. Readers will find, timely, and accessible lesson ideas and strategies. EdTech Essentials shares ways to prepare students to be productive, responsible users of technology both within and outside the classroom. Find EdTech Essentials on Amazon, or head over to ClassTechTips.com/books to learn more and download the free study guide. A quick note about Amazon: If you search for me, Monica Burns, on Amazon you’ll see some spicy books from an author with the same name as me – so if you head to this page, you’ll find more information about the book and a direct link to find EdTech Essentials on Amazon.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
Click to see the transcript
- EdTech Books by Monica Burns
- Edmodo Webinar recording
- Zoom (Video conferencing tool)
- Adobe Creative Cloud Express for Education (Free creation tools)
- Garageband (Audio recording platform)
- Soundtrap EDU (Audio recording platform)
- WordPress (Website builder)
- Google Sites (Website builder)
- SquareSpace (Website builder)
- Medium (Blogging platform)
- Seesaw Blogs (Classroom blogging tool)Edutopia
- Flipgrid (Video discussion tool)
- Book Creator (Ebook creation tool)
- Canva for Education (Graphic design platform)
- How to Use Flipgrid for Book Clubs (Blog Post)
- Useful Tips for Finding Podcasts to Enhance Content with Jeff Glade (Podcast Episode)
- Canva Poster Making Tool: Website & iPad App for Posters (Blog Post)
- 3 Types of Audience for Student Work [EdTech Essentials Spotlight] (Podcast Episode)
- New Ways Teachers are Using Soundtrap Collaborative Music & Podcast Tool (Blog Post)
- Must-Try Updates! New Features in Book Creator (Blog Post)
- How to Add Music to Spark Video with Soundtrap (Blog Post)
- Quick Ways to Share Student Videos with an Audience (Podcast Episode)
- 4 Ways to Create an Authentic Audience for Students (Blog Post)
- 3 Reasons Educators Shouldn’t Ignore TikTok (Podcast Episode)
- Podcasting in the Classroom? Here’s a Byte-Sized Option (Blog Post)
- Create Quick Websites to Share School Events (Blog Post)
- Everything You Need to Know About Adobe Creative Cloud Express for Education (Blog Post)