In this episode, educator and podcast enthusiast Jeff Glade joins to discuss ways to use podcasts in the classroom and how this practice can open the world to students of all ages. You’ll also hear about a bunch of high-quality, student-friendly podcasts and activities you can try out right away.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Podcasts in the Classroom Tips
- First, reflect on your own podcast consumption.
- Next, have an intention for sharing a podcast episode.
- Then, decide how to introduce this media to students.
- Finally, think aloud and model for students.
Sponsored by Teq
This episode is sponsored by Teq and I’m so excited to partner with them for a webinar series this fall. It’s totally free and you can join one or all four of these webinars covering EdTech topics like creation in the classroom, assessment tips, and more. Register for the event or sign up to view the replays on their website. Just go to otispd.com, click on Upcoming Events, and you’ll find four free webinars you can join. That’s otispd.com You can also send me a DM on Instagram and I’ll make sure to get you the link.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Connect with Jeff Glade on Twitter and Instagram
- Check out Jeff Glade’s website and curated podcasts
- The Knowledge Gap by Natalie Wexler
- Listen Notes (Podcast search engine)
- Kids Listen
- Serial Podcast
- TED Radio Hour
- Story Pirates
- Circle Round
- This American Life
- Wow in the World
- The Unexplainable Disappearance of Mars Patel
- How I Built This with Guy Raz
- Podcast for Kids: Wow in the World Student-Friendly Podcast (Blog Post)
- Circle Round Folktale Podcast for Kids (Blog Post)
- How to Use Google Podcasts with Students (Blog Post)
- Student Friendly Podcasts for Classrooms and Families (Podcast Episode)
- What You Need to Know About Sharing Podcasts with Students (Podcast Episode)
- Podcasting in the Classroom? Here’s a Byte-Sized Option (Blog Post)
- Forget a Debate! Try a Podcast with Students Instead (Podcast Episode)
- Tips for Creating Podcasts with Students with Michele Haiken (Podcast Episode)
- Sketchnoting in the Classroom A Beginner’s Guide (Blog Post)
- Must-Try Updates from Microsoft Teams Assignments (Blog Post)