In this episode, world language teacher, Laura Boyd joins to discuss how to get started with digital choice boards with students. If you’re new to digital choice boards, Laura takes you through the steps of where to start. You’ll also hear some of her favorite digital tools and extra resources to put digital choice boards into practice in the classroom.
This week’s podcast is titled: Your Guide to Digital Choice Boards: Here’s Where to Start with world language teacher Laura Boyd and I’m so excited to explore this topic today. If you’ve used digital choice boards and are looking for more tips, or if you haven’t used digital choice boards and want to know what they’re about, you are in the right place. I saw Laura tweeting about digital choice boards and reached to her to see if she’d join me to chat about her experiences.
Laura was kind enough to carve out some time after school so there may be a couple points during our recording that the zoom buffers a bit but I’m confident that you will get everything that you need from this episode to put digital Choice boards into practice in your classroom or if you are supporting Educators and recommending they try out digital Choice boards this episode has you covered too. At the end of the episode some things up like I always do and give you some things to consider and some places to go for some extra resources around digital Choice boards.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Digital Choice Boards Tips
- First, work backwards.
- Next, establish a vision (6 choices).
- Then, remove extra steps.
- Finally, include an exit ticket.
Sponsored by my Easy EdTech Club
This episode is sponsored by my Easy EdTech Club! It’s for tech-friendly teachers and coaches who want quick ideas to save time and use digital tools with intention. The Easy EdTech Club is a monthly membership designed to help educators (like you!) dive into one EdTech topic each month and get access to exclusive resources. Doors open up to new members in 2022 so make sure to grab a spot on the waitlist, head to ClassTechTips.com/CLUB
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Connect with Laura Boyd on Twitter and Instagram
- Check out Laura Boyd’s Edutopia article
- Pear Deck (Student Engagement tool)
- Kahoot! (Game-Based Learning Platform)
- Quizizz (Game-Based Learning Platform)
- Quizlet Live (Game-Based Learning Platform)
- Word Art (Word Cloud Creator)
- Slides Mania (Free templates & themes)
- Flipgrid (Video discussion tool)
- How To Use Game-Based Learning in Your Classroom (Blog Post)
- Engaging Game-Based Learning Curriculum from SplashLearn (Blog Post)
- How to Use EdTech to Identify and Address Learning Needs (Blog Post)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Kahoot’s Summer Update (Blog Post)
- Supercharge Student Learning with Pear Deck and GoGuardian Teacher (Blog Post)
- 9 Favorite Google Slides Tips (Podcast Episode)