In this episode, Krista Leh shares tips, stories and strategies for social-emotional learning in the digital world. You’ll hear ideas for supporting SEL initiatives at your school and district, and how to incorporate SEL skill-building opportunities into every classroom.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Social-Emotional Learning Tips for Teachers
- First, review the CASEL Framework if you are new to SEL.
- Next, reflect on areas you would like to focus on.
- Then, try out one of the tech-strategies from this episode.
- Finally, build a team to bring SEL practices into the norms of your school.
This episode is sponsored by huehd.com. HUE makes colorful, affordable, document cameras and animation software for creative teaching and homeschooling. HUE’s high quality products have featured in Newsweek and have won many awards including Family Choice, Academic’s Choice, and Tech & Learning Awards of Excellence in 2020. HUE cameras are loved worldwide for their fun design, simplicity and versatility. To find out more, visit huehd.com or join HUE’s community of parents and educators on Instagram, @HUE_HD, for giveaways, free teaching resources and ideas.
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Follow Krista Leh on Twitter, Instagram, & Clubhouse
- Resonance Education website
- Find ResonanceEd on Facebook
- CASEL (Collaborative for Academic Social and Emotional Learning)
- Wizer.me (Interactive worksheets)
- Google for Education (Digital learning tools)
- Mentimeter (Interactive Presentation Software)
- Padlet ( Online Discussion tool)
- Clubhouse (Drop-in audio chat tool)
- Canvas (Learning Management System)
- Jamboard (Collaborative Digital Whiteboard)
- Backchannel Chat (Tool for Online Discussions)
- 10 Quick Tips to Organize Your Google Drive (Freebie)
- ISTE Standards | The Leader in Edtech Standards
- Start an Esports Program at Your School with a Free Esports Computer Lab (Blog Post)
- How Educators are Using the Exclusive Social Media App Clubhouse (Blog Post)
- Digital Tips for Quick and Thoughtful Peer Feedback (Podcast Episode)
- 5 Quick Activities to Try with Jamboard Tomorrow (Blog Post)
- How to Increase Participation During Asynchronous Instruction – Part 2 (Podcast Episode)
- What Is Clubhouse? 15 Clubhouse Tips for Educators on the App (Blog Post)
- Student-Friendly Jamboard Activities for Any Classroom (Podcast Episode)
- How to Customize Your Google Classroom Banner (Blog Post)
- Tips for Using Breakout Rooms with Desiree Alexander (Podcast Episode)
- How Google Forms Transformed My Data Collection (Podcast Episode)
- 9 Favorite Google Slides Tips (Podcast Episode)
- Four Strategies for Google-Friendly Classrooms (Blog Post)
- How to Get Started with Backchannels (Podcast Episode)