In this episode, educator Amber Peterson joins me to discuss how to use technology to stay connected with families. You’ll also hear about how to use digital tools to build a community and establish a sense of belonging for caregivers.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Family Engagement Tips
- First, create a sense of belonging.
- Next, invite families into the community.
- Then, go beyond reactive conversations,
- Finally, maximize tools families already use.
Sponsored by Kokomo24/7
Today’s episode is sponsored by Kokomo24/7 (Twenty-four-seven), a leader provider in health and safety management solutions. With the company’s extensive history in assisting k-12 schools, colleges and universities, and other educational systems, Kokomo24/7 Safety Cloud can help to swiftly implement proven health and safety management measures during this pandemic as well as known concerns in educational settings, such as accident and bullying, mental health, and Title IX (nine) compliance requirements. Visit www.kokomo247.com to learn more about Kokomo247’s solutions.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Learn more about Amber Peterson’s work at Deweycommunity.com and LitWorld.org
- Google Classroom
- Remind (Family communication app)
- ClassPager (Family communication app)
- ClassParent (Family communication app)
- Zoom (Video Conferencing tool)
- Microsoft Forms (Data Collection tool)
- Google Forms (Data Collection tool)
- 5 Ways To Kick Off Your Next Zoom Call (Podcast Episode)
- How Google Forms Transformed My Data Collection (Podcast Episode)
- Save Time and Streamline Your Workflow with JotForm Approvals (Blog Post)
- 5 Tips for Sharing Online Learning Resources with Families (Podcast Episode)
- How to Create a Class Newsletter with Spark Page (Blog Post)
- 3 Tech Tips for Parent Newsletters (Blog Post)
- How to Create Top Five Lists of Resources for Families (Podcast Episode)
- Reach Every Family with ClassTag Parent Communication App (Blog Post)
- Mobile-Friendly, Meaningful Family Engagement from PowerMyLearning (Blog Post)
- 3 Ways to Use Google Docs When You Don’t Have Google Classroom (Podcast Episode)
- The Next Generation of School Communication (Blog Post)
- How to Customize Your Google Classroom Banner (Blog Post)
- 6 Reasons Bloomz Video Tool Can Energize Parent Communication (Blog Post)
- Must-Try Updates from Microsoft Teams Assignments (Blog Post)