In this episode, you’ll hear five tips for sharing online resources with families. You’ll also learn the steps to take when you find a great resource and want to get it in the hands of your school community.
This week’s podcast is titled: 5 Tips for Sharing Online Learning Resources with Families. This is the audio version of a video series I put together for ASCD. You can watch and share the video series on their YouTube channel. After you hear my five tips, I’ll finish up with a few favorite online learning resources for families and steps for making this easy!
I’m going to share with you five tips for sharing online learning resources with families. So we’re going to talk about some tips to keep in mind when you are sorting through all of the online resources that are out there and available that may be worth sharing with families in your school community.
This episode is sponsored by Wacom Cintiq Pros. Creating adaptable students and designers is the goal for Academy of Art University and the Director of the School of Industrial Design, Antonio Borja. Learn how he uses technology such as Wacom Cintiq Pros to keep his students learning, growing and adapting. Learn more at Wacom.com and find the link in the show notes.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Sharing Online Learning Resources
So let’s make this EdTech easy…
- Acknowledge the needs of your families and identify your why
- Select quality content
- Distribute intentionally
- Commit to consistency
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- ASCD: Professional Learning & Community for Educators
- ASCD YouTube Channel
- Video version of these tips
- Storyline Online Youtube Channel
- 3DBear (3DBear)
- Soundtrap (audio recording platform)
- Khan Academy
- TED-Ed Youtube Channel
- How to Use Augmented Reality in Any Subject Area Feat. 3DBear (Blog Post)
- A Tool from Finland to Support Phenomenon-Based Learning featuring 3DBear (Blog Post)
- How to Add Music to Spark Video with Soundtrap (Blog Post)
- How to Curate Curriculum Resources with Adobe Spark Page (Blog Post)
- 25 Reasons To Use TED-Ed In Your Classroom (Blog Post)
- Six Things You Might Not Know About Khan Academy (Podcast Episode)