In this episode, I’ll share five activity ideas to kick off your next video call with students or colleagues. You’ll also hear about some favorite tools for building community and sparking conversations.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Kick Off Your Next Zoom Call
- Set your intention for the call
- Kick off with an activity
- Take a moment to reflect
- Build a routine
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Quick Thorn + Rose (and bud) Share (with a sentence starter); model
- Zoom (Video Conferencing tool)
- Microsoft Teams (Collaboration tool)
- Google Meet (Video Conferencing tool)
- Mentimeter (Interactive presentation software)
- Google Slides (Interactive presentation software)
- Nearpod (Student engagement tool)
- Microsoft Forms (Data Collection tool)
- Google Forms (Data Collection tool)
- How to Add Captions to Zoom Class During Distance Learning (Blog post)
- Microsoft Teams for Collaboration and Feedback (Blog post)
- Quick Tips for Microsoft Distance Learning Tools (Blog post)
- How to Link Google Forms to QR Codes (Podcast episode)
- 8 Ways to Check for Understanding with Nearpod (Blog post)
- 6 Reasons to Lead Your Next Faculty Meeting with Nearpod (Blog post)
- Sharing Adobe Spark Creations with Google Slides (Blog post)
- Adobe Spark and Nearpod: Tips for a Must-Try Combo (Blog post)
- How Google Forms Transformed My Data Collection (Podcast episode)
- Rethink Formative Assessment with Microsoft Forms (Blog post)
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)