In this episode, you’ll learn from music educator Jessica Peresta about the very best music tools for educators. You’ll hear about cross-curricular connections, how to work with your current technology set up, and how listening skills and movement play a role.
Music Tools for Educators
Music educator Jessica Peresta shares her favorite music tools in this episode of the Easy EdTech Podcast. You’ll learn about cross-curricular connections, how to work with your current technology set up, and the importance of listening skills and movement when you want to incorporate music into your classroom.
Music education is a topic that plays a role in every subject area. This episode will give you some great ideas on how to incorporate music into your classroom while also teaching core content and using listening and movement.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Music Education Tips
- First, take stock of the technology you have access to right now.
- Next, identify cross-curricular connections.
- Then, try one of these must-have tools.
- Finally, incorporate movement and listening skills.
Sponsored by Kdan Mobile
This episode is sponsored by Markup from Kdan Mobile. Markup is an AI-powered smart reader made for daily reading, academic study, and research. You can use Markup to highlight your favorite sentences, annotate on any PDFs and web pages. And with Markup’s AI-powered Auto Summary, you can get to the key points in seconds. It also synchronizes your notes on your smartphone, tablet, and desktop, so you can continue reading wherever you are! Download Markup and sign up for free today, you will find the download link right here.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out Jessica Peresta’s website, book, and podcast
- Follow Jessica Peresta on Instagram and Facebook
- HARMONY Hub (Jessica Peresta’s membership site)
- 5 Ways to Simplify Lesson Planning as a Music Teacher (Free download)
- Chrome Music Lab (Music creation tool)
- Classics for Kids (Music education website)
- MusicPlay (Music education website)
- Noteflight (Music notation software & lesson plans)
- Mixxx (Free DJ software)
- Markup from Kdan Mobile on Chrome or iOs app (AI-powered smart reader)
- Class Tech Tips Free Newsletter & EdTech Events and Workshops
- Easy EdTech Club (Sign up & Waitlist)
- Clubhouse (Invite-only audio platform iOs app)
- What Educators Need to Know About Clubhouse with Marlena Gross-Taylor (Podcast Episode)
- How to Add Music to Spark Video with Soundtrap (Blog Post)
- Piano Companion Music Theory App for Students (Blog Post)
- Mussila Monster Adventure Music App (Blog Post)
- Piano Chords and Scales App for iPad Musicians (Blog Post)
- New Ways Teachers are Using Soundtrap Collaborative Music & Podcast Tool (Blog Post)