In this episode, I share storyboard examples you can use in any subject area to help students organize their thinking and share their learning. You’ll also hear how to access a free set of 15 templates you can use for storyboarding ideas and creating comic strips with students.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Using Storyboards
- Share examples of storyboards with students.
- Storyboards can help students plan their own writing.
- Try using storyboards in different subject areas like social studies or science.
- Give students time to share and celebrate their creations.
Sponsored by EdTech Essentials
This episode is sponsored by EdTech Essentials: The Top 10 Technology Strategies for All Learning Environments, my newest book from ASCD. Readers will find timely, and accessible lesson ideas and strategies. EdTech Essentials shares ways to prepare students to be productive, responsible users of technology both within and outside the classroom. Find EdTech Essentials on Amazon, or head over to ClassTechTips.com to learn more and download the free study guide. A quick note about Amazon: If you search for me, Monica Burns, on Amazon you’ll see some spicy books from an author with the same name as me – so if you head to my website, you’ll find more information about the book and a direct link to find EdTech Essentials on Amazon.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Canva for Education (Graphic design platform)
- Adobe Express for Education (Free creation tools)
- Google Slides (Free Online Presentation Tool)
- Book Creator (Ebook creation tool)
- 15 ready-to-use comic strips templates
- 7 Ways to Use Storyboards You Might Not Consider (Blog Post)
- Build Communication Skills with a Video and Storyboard App for Students (Blog Post)
- Video Editor and Storyboarding Tool for Online Teaching (Blog Post)
- StoryboardThat Paper-Sized Layout for Classroom Creations (Blog Post)
- How to Create a Comic Strip in Google Slides (Blog Post)
- 5 Reasons to Try a Comic Strips Activity (Blog Post)
- Everything You Need to Know About Adobe Express for Education (Blog Post)
- Using Graphic Novels to Teach High-Level Thinking with Shveta Miller (Podcast Episode)
- Learn, Create, and Share Student Projects on Tract (Blog Post)
- The Benefits of Using Moviemaking in Your Classroom with Jessica Pack (Podcast Episode)
- Multimedia Goal Setting Activity for Students (Podcast Episode)
- Goal Setting Activity for Students featuring Spark Video (Blog Post)