In today’s episode, we will explore how teachers can guide their students through the process of creating video essays. You’ll hear some of my favorite movie-making tools for students, plus how to access my free graphic organizers you can use to plan for your next video essay project.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Creating a Collaborative Culture
- Share a clear task.
- Set expectations.
- Use examples.
- Take time to reflect.
Sponsored by my new webinar on ChatGPT
This podcast is sponsored by my new webinar on ChatGPT! It’s called “How to Use ChatGPT: Time-Saving Secrets for Busy Educators” and I’m hosting it live this March. You can register for the live event, or catch the replay by going to ClassTechTips.com/ChatGPT. Anyone who registers for the event will get my free ebook, “60+ Must-Try ChatGPT Prompts for Teachers.”
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
Click to see the transcript
- Connect with Dr. Monica Burns on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram
- Free Movie Making Graphic Organizers
- Adobe Premiere Rush
- Microsoft Flip
- Canva for Education
- Final Cut Pro
- Adobe Express Creative Challenges
- 7 YouTube Tips for Teachers with a Free Download (Blog Post)
- How to Create a Video Essay with Students (Blog Post)
- 6 Apps and Websites To Make Video Journals (Blog Post)
- 5 Tips for Teaching Students to Improve Their Online Searches (Edutopia Article)
- Writing Without Limits Strategies for Encouraging Creativity with Katharine Hsu (Podcast Episode)
- Build Communication Skills with a Video and Storyboard App for Students (Blog Post)
- Movie-Making Activity to Strengthen Classroom Community (Blog Post)
- Boost Student Writing During Be An Author Month (Blog Post)
- The Benefits of Using Moviemaking in Your Classroom with Jessica Pack (Podcast Episode)
- 4 Quick Tips for Creating Movies with Students (Blog Post)
- Movie-Making on Chromebooks: Simple Steps for Getting Started (Blog Post)
- 4 Best Practices for Video Journals (Podcast Episode)
- Movie-Making in the STEM Classroom (Blog Post)
- 3 Ways to Motivate Students to Write (Blog Post)
- The Connection Between Spelling, Technology and Classroom Instruction (Podcast Episode)