In this episode, author and educator, Kendra Grant, joins to chat about how teachers can help students take ownership of their learning with a Universal Design for Learning (UDL). You’ll also hear Kendra unpack UDL, share actionable tips for implementing it, and how her book Dive Into UDL can help educators on this journey!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Helping Students Take Ownership
- Reflect on your own practices as a learner.
- Help students understand the “why” as they work.
- Introduce the concept of novice and expert to your students.
Sponsored by Monica’s Etsy Store
This episode is sponsored by my Etsy store. Did you know that I have an Etsy store full of printables? If you’re listening in November, make sure to check out all of my Thanksgiving and Fall activities and games for your classroom. You can print them out or use the PDF files alongside your favorite EdTech tool. Head to Etsy.com to explore the new items I’ve created.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Connect with Kendra Grant & Luis Pérez on Twitter
- Find Dive Into UDL on the website, Amazon & ISTE
- UDL Guidelines
- UDL Planning Guide – Second Edition
- UDL Assessment
- Connect with Kendra Grant by email
- Questions about the book? Email the authors
- Canva for Education (Graphic design platform)
- How Individual Student Whiteboards Can Transform Formative Assessment (Podcast Episode)
- 4 Tips for Assessing Online Learning and Feedback (Podcast Episode)
- Digital Tips for Quick and Thoughtful Peer Feedback (Podcast Episode)
- 3 EdTech Tools for Interactive Teaching and Learning (Blog Post)
- How to Support Multimodal Learning (Blog Post)
- Digital Portfolios: Capture Learning In (and Out) of the Classroom (Blog Post)
- How to Easily Create Choice Boards & Honor Student Voice (Blog Post)
- 5 Quick Activities to Try with Jamboard Tomorrow (Blog Post)
- 6 Creative Tools for Project-Based Learning (Blog Post)
- Role of Technology in Design Thinking with Dr. Sabba Quidwai (Podcast Episode)
- How to Support Learner Variability with Voice Technology (Blog Post)
- Why Design Thinking Has a Place in Your Classroom (Blog Post)
- A New Turnkey Solution for PBL in Your Classroom (Blog Post)