In this episode, I’ll share tips for checking for understanding while students learn online. Whether you are part of a distance learning initiative or teaching students with technology in the classroom, assessing online learning and giving feedback is essential. Listen in for strategies and favorite EdTech tools to support assessment and feedback.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Assessing Online Learning
- First, identify your goals for assessment this year
- Next, reflect on how your feedback routine is working
- Then, pick one strategy from today to try out with students
- Finally, add that strategy to your tool belt, or try another
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Distance Learning Essentials Quick Reference Guide
- Epic! (Online book collection)
- Math Learning Center
- Book Creator (create ebooks on iPad, Chromebooks and on the web)
- The Educator’s Guide to Flipgrid
- How to Use Flipgrid for Book Clubs (Blog Post)
- How To Share Spark Video with Flipgrid (Blog Post)
- What Leaders Should Know About Remote Learning with Eric Sheninger (Podcast Episode)
- 3 Ways to Use Google Docs When You Don’t Have Google Classroom (Podcast Episode)
- 4 Tips for Assessing Online Learning and Feedback (Blog Post)
- Infused Classroom Tips for Remote Learning with Tanya Avrith and Holly Clark (Podcast Episode)
- Digital Tips for Quick and Thoughtful Peer Feedback (Podcast Episode)
- The Future of Feedback with Keyset Google Chrome Extension (Blog Post)
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)