In this episode, educational leaders and ISTE authors, Martha Ramirez and Carolina R. Buitrago, join to unpack flipped learning to differentiate instruction in any classroom setting. You’ll also hear about their new book In-Class Flip, plus favorite digital tools and strategies for both experienced teachers and those new to flipped learning. If you’re wondering, “What is flipped learning?” Then this episode is for you!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
What is Flipped Learning?
- Differentiated instruction is all about having compassion.
- Collect evidence to see what your students need.
- Flipped learning can help address SEL goals.
- Extend distance learning experiences to face-to-face classrooms.
Sponsored by my Easy EdTech Club
This episode is sponsored by my Easy EdTech Club! If you’re listening in the month of July, you’re in luck. The Easy EdTech Club is for educators who love using technology in the classroom but want time-saving ideas and step-by-step support. Each month, members receive a special masterclass and supporting items. You dive into a new topic and gather ideas for your classroom, school, and colleagues! The doors to my Easy EdTech Club will open up on July 20th and will stay open through the end of the month. And there are some special bonus items for educators who join this summer, you won’t want to miss out on! Head to ClassTechTips.com/CLUB for all the details, or just go to my website ClassTechTips.com and click on the Easy EdTech Club button to learn more.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
Click to see the transcript
- Learn more about Martha Ramirez & Carolina R. Buitrago’s book
- Check out Martha Ramirez’s blog & connect on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Take a peek at Carolina R. Buitrago’s blog & connect on LinkedIn
- Publications: In-Class Flip in Teacher Education Through Loop-Input, Innovations in Flipping the Language Classroom
- Canva for Education (Graphic design platform)
- Genially (Interactive content creation tool)
- Screencast-o-Matic (Screen Recorder & Video Editor)
- WhatsApp (Multimedia messaging app)
- ISTE Blog
- The Importance of Supporting Students with Mobile Devices (Podcast Episode)
- How Flipping Your Classroom Can Save You Time with Mandy Rice (Podcast Episode)
- Using Technology to Scaffold Social-Emotional Learning Skills (Blog Post)
- Social Emotional Learning in the Digital World with Krista Leh (Podcast Episode)
- How to Curate and Share Curriculum Resources (Podcast Episode)
- How to Quickly Access Movies to Share with Students (Blog Post)
- Movies for Every Subject Area: Creating Active Learning Through Film (Blog Post)
- 5 Participation Strategies for Self-Paced Teaching (Blog Post)
- Your Guide to Digital Choice Boards: Here’s Where to Start with Laura Boyd (Podcast Episode)
- Khan Academy and the Features You Might Have Missed (Blog Post)
- How to Use Video Playlists to Differentiate Instruction (Blog Post)
- Differentiate Instruction with Standards-Aligned Resources for Elementary (Blog Post)
- Distance Learning Essentials Quick Reference Guide (Class Tech Tips)