In this episode, Mandy Rice shares tips for saving time by flipping your classroom. If you’ve thought about trying out a flipped classroom model, Mandy gives tips for how to make it happen alongside her favorite tools for creating and sharing instructional videos.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Flipped Classroom Tips
- First, start with one course or subject area.
- Next, choose a simple tool.
- Then, find tools that let you edit.
- Finally, locate a mentor.
Sponsored by Microsoft Education
This episode is sponsored by Microsoft Education and I’m so excited to partner with them this summer. Have you seen all of the new updates in Microsoft Teams? I love the new Reflect for Assignments that lets students share how they are feeling and think about their emotions. This is just one of the dozens of updates to Microsoft Teams. Head to http://aka.ms/teamsPP to find out more about Microsoft Teams and all of the new updates! You can also send me a DM on Instagram while you’re listening to this episode and I’ll send you the link.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out Mandy Rice’s website and podcast
- Follow Mandy Rice on Twitter and Instagram
- Take a look at the Flipped Classroom Starter Kit and the Seven Day Sustainable Teacher Challenge
- Loom (Video Messaging tool)
- Screencast-o-Matic (Screen Recorder & Video Editor)
- Screencastify (Screen Recorder tool)
- Camtasia (Screen Recorder & Video Editor)
- Edpuzzle (Interactive video lesson creator)
- PlayPosit (Interactive video learning tool)
- Teachers Pay Teachers (Teaching resources & lesson plans)
- Flipgrid Shorts (Video discussion tool)
- How To Use Explainer Videos in Your Classroom (Podcast Episode)
- How to Create Instructional Videos with Flipgrid Shorts (Podcast Episode)
- Why You Might Want a Document Camera for Students (Blog Post)
- How to Use EdLight to Focus on Authentic Student Work (Blog Post)
- Movie-Making on Chromebooks: Simple Steps for Getting Started (Blog Post)
- Movie-Making in the STEM Classroom (Blog Post)
- Must-Try Updates from Microsoft Teams Assignments (Blog Post)