In this episode, Rachel Fisher joins to discuss all things mobile EdTech and shares insights on what learning can look like when students can log in from anywhere. You’ll also hear some useful research and information on using mobile devices and how Hello PLATO can address the digital divide in education.
Support Students Beyond School
I’m excited to have Rachel Fisher join me for this episode of the podcast. We talk about all things mobile and she shares some interesting insights on what learning can look like when students can log in from anywhere. She also sent along some useful research and information on using mobile devices with students and I’ve included all of those links in the shownotes for today’s episode. Let’s dive into today’s episode and this conversation with Rachel.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Mobile Devices
- First, examine the value of mobile technology for your students.
- Next, look at the advantages and challenges of smaller devices.
- Then, make sure a resource you share is mobile-friendly.
- Finally, try creating a formative assessment or pre-lesson.
Sponsored by Hello PLATO
This episode is sponsored by Hello PLATO. Hello PLATO is an AI-powered teaching platform that delivers teachers’ lessons and quizzes to students via messaging like Whatsapp and SMS. Students love that they can learn on their phones, guided by a friendly and safe AI bot that feels like a teacher’s assistant. Teachers love that lesson creation is easy and quick. And administrators love that the solution can reach students with no wifi at home, increasing educational equity. Hello PLATO’s web based creator tool comes in a free version for teachers and paid version for schools and districts. Teachers can sign up to use Hello PLATO for free at https://helloplato.com/pilot/
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out Hello PLATO’s website & Incentivized PILOT ($50 Amazon Gift Card)
- Connect with Hello PLATO on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- WhatsApp (Mobile messaging app)
- Student Phone Use and Texting to Learn: Campus Technology, Inside Higher Ed, Journal of Language, Literature & Education, PowerUp What Works
- School Systems Intention to Continue Offering Online Learning in NY Times & RAND Corporation
- Ways to Use Phones to Teach (Edutopia article)
- Digital Divide in the US (Common Sense article)
- Digital Divide in the World (UNICEF USA article)
- #FormativeTech: Meaningful, Sustainable, and Scalable Formative Assessment With Technology
- Social Emotional Learning in the Digital World with Krista Leh (Podcast Episode)
- What Does Digital Citizenship Really Mean With Dr. Kristen Mattson (Podcast Episode)
- How Flipping Your Classroom Can Save You Time with Mandy Rice (Podcast Episode)