In this episode, Dr. Mina Jo Blazy joins for a conversation around the importance of empowering women in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields! You’ll hear Dr. Blazy focus on all things STEM including how to support girls in STEM starting in elementary school.
How to Support Girls in STEM
Do you want to learn more about girls in STEM?
Dr. Mina Jo Blazy shares the importance of empowering women in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields! You’ll hear Dr. Blazy focus on all things STEM including how to support girls in STEM starting in elementary school.
The podcast episode is perfect for educators who are interested in learning more about STEM with an expert take.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
- First, check your own mental model.
- Next, help girls build STEM-confidence,
- Then, reflect on the role models student’s see.
- Finally, embrace imagination throughout the year.
Sponsored by Microsoft Education
This episode is sponsored by Microsoft Education and I’m so excited to partner with them this summer. Have you seen the new Reading Progress tool in Microsoft Teams? It’s totally free and will transform the way you think about reading fluency. I was completely blown away when I saw Reading Progress in action and I know you will be too. Just go to https://aka.ms/ReadingProgressPP to find out more about the free Reading Progress tool in Microsoft Teams.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Connect with Dr. Mina Jo Blazy on LinkedIn, Facebook and Clubhouse
- Follow Dr. Mina Jo Blazy on Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok
- Check out Dr. Mina Jo Blazy’s blog
- What Educators Need to Know About Clubhouse with Marlena Gross-Taylor (Podcast Episode)
- How to Integrate Project-Based STEM Challenges into Your Teaching (Blog Post)
- How Art Fits Into Your STEM Curriculum with Tim Needles (Podcast Episode)
- Movie-Making in the STEM Classroom (Blog Post)
- Defined STEM Project-Based Learning Tasks (Blog Post)
- 5 Ways to Prioritize SEL in the STEM Classroom (Blog Post)
- Free STEM Professional Development Opportunity for Teachers (Blog Post)
- From Screen to Robot: Engaging Students with Interactive STEM Education (Blog Post)
- Cyber Robotics Curriculum for Coding and STEM Skill-building (Blog Post)
- 5 Tips for Mixing STEM and Play During Distance Learning (Blog Post)