In this episode, we’ll explore how to infuse art into your STEM curriculum. ISTE author Tim Needles shares his experience with designing creative learning experiences for students. You’ll also hear his recommendations for cross-curricular connections and favorite EdTech tools.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
How Art Fits Into Your STEM Curriculum
So let’s make this EdTech easy…
- Identify an upcoming project you already have planned
- Find a place in the process to infuse creativity, maybe sketchnoting
- Determine what a culminating project might look like, maybe a mural
- Find an audience to share and celebrate student creations
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to my podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on iTunes the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- This podcast was transcribed with Rev, use my affiliate link to try it out: try.rev.com/Cz82B
- Tim Needles’ Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- STEAM Power: Infusing Art Into Your STEM Curriculum (Tim Needles’ Book)
- How to Use Augmented Reality in Any Subject Area Feat. 3DBear (Blog Post)
- How to Support Problem-Based Learning with Augmented Reality (Blog Post)
- Special Promotion from 3DBear Augmented Reality App for Students (Blog Post)
- Adobe Fresco (Digital Painting & Drawing App)
- Photo-Sharing App for Teens Who Love Taking Photos (Blog Post)
- National Geographic
- Sketchnoting in the Classroom A Beginner’s Guide (Blog post)
- 1 Second Everyday: Video Diary (Video Diary App)
- Morphi (3D Design App)
- Google Arts & Culture (website)
- Google Arts & Culture (app)
- Merge Cube | AR/VR Learning & Creation
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)