What does your professional learning plan look like this year? If you are looking for a community of educators and no-cost digital resources, there is a new opportunity you’ll want to check out. The team behind TGR EDU: Explore has a free STEM professional development opportunity for teachers!
TGR EDU: Explore gives educators tools and support to help grow their knowledge base around STEM topics. Their resources can help you learn new instructional strategies and connect with educators and experts in the field. In today’s blog post, I’ll take you through some of the program’s highlights, including what you’ll find in their collection of professional development resources.
STEM Professional Development
The TGR EDU: Explore site gives educators access to a handful of resources, including learning modules around STEM topics. Right now, you can access the first in the planned series of six professional learning modules. The modules support teacher agency by focusing on student-centered approaches to foster innovative, relevant, and engaging STEM instruction.
The first module in the series is (Re)Defining STEM and tackles this topic through innovative interdisciplinary learning. It focuses on design principles and real-world connections while rethinking skill-building. I also had a chance to take a peek at this module along with the comprehensive companion guide.
The resources you’ll find in this module help establish relevancy, review the state of STEM, and the core components of STEM education. This first of six modules aims to help educators explore an updated definition of STEM and how it looks in your current teaching practices.
Future modules will focus on helping educators develop skills around topics like student-centered approaches, creating meaningful engagement strategies, promoting three-dimensional learning, and supporting the creativity of teaching.
More Resources from TGR EDU: Explore
In addition to the fantastic new free STEM professional learning opportunities for teachers, you’ll find lots of high-quality content on the TGR EDU: Explore site. There are curriculum resources, including featured modules on financial literacy and virtual field trips.
You’ll also find a section with family resources. These resources certainly help make the college application process easier for families. There are also family-friendly design challenges covering topics like building a mini-amusement park and suspending an egg from a paperclip.
Tips for Online Professional Learning
As you dive into these fantastic resources from TGR EDU: Explore, I want to share a few tips to help make the most of online professional learning.
- Set an intention: Ask yourself, what do you hope to get out of this experience? In your notebook, or even a sticky note, write down what you want to accomplish.
- Explore the community: If there is a space for others to share, see what they are saying too. Often discussion boards or crowdsourced resources can provide additional, useful information.
- Invite a colleague: Before you start, or right when you’re ready to dive in, ask a colleague to join you. Having a “buddy” in a program can act as an accountability partner, and definitely come in handy.
- Schedule time: When working on a self-paced program, carve out time on your calendar. Block off time like it is an appointment, so you stick with the program.
- Establish short- and long-term goals: After finishing a lesson or module, set a goal that you can accomplish in a few weeks and a goal that might take several months to tackle.
No-Cost Professional Learning
Ready to get started? Access the no-cost digital resources and join a community of educators dedicated to fostering college and career-ready students.
Take your instructional skills to the next level with learning modules, training videos, and real-time digital workshops designed to help educators support students towards life-long success from TGR:EDU Explore!
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)