In this episode, I welcome back ASCD Author Allison Rodman to discuss practical strategies for setting professional learning goals and staying motivated to achieve them. You’ll hear about her recommendations for leveraging technology tools and using the goal-setting frameworks from her newest book, Still Learning.
Tips for Setting Professional Learning Goals
- Set clear, sustainable goals.
- Create systems to stay on track.
- Find others to help you all stay accountable.
- Leverage digital tools to save time and on schedule.
SPONSORED BY MY NEW FREE WEBINAR
This episode is sponsored by my new free webinar “24 Tips for 2024: Simple Ways to Save Time Using ChatGPT.” I’ll share tips for educators who are new to using chatbots, and ideas you can spin and make your own if you’re already diving into the world of chatbots. We’ll look at ChatGPT of course, alongside alternatives like Claude and Bard, too. Catch the limited replay during the month of January. Either way head to ClassTechTips.com/24tips for more details!
FOLLOW & REVIEW ON APPLE PODCASTS
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Connect with Allison Rodman on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter (X)
- Learn more about The Learning Loop
- Allison Rodman’s new book Still Learning: Strengthening Professional and Organizational Learning
- Download Personal Vision for Growth & SMARTER Goals Planner
- Voxer (Voice Communication App)
- Pomodoro Method Timer
- ChatGPT (Chatbot)
- Using Tech Tools to Personalize Professional Learning with Allie Rodman (Podcast Episode)
- 10 Study Tips for Students Using Technology (Blog Post)
- Leveraging ChatGPT for Customized Learning with Sarah Wysocki (Podcast Episode)
- The Story Behind Using Podcasts for Professional Development with Amanda Hunt (Podcast Episode)
- Quick Tips for Keeping Track of Your Professional Goals (Podcast Episode)