In this episode, Library Media Specialist Amanda Hunt joins to chat about how podcasts have transformed professional learning for educators. You’ll also hear how the flexibility of using podcasts for professional development not only saves time but can inspire educators to infuse EdTech in their classrooms.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Using Podcasts for Professional Development
- Determine your goals for using podcasts.
- Create personalized playlists.
- Share listening strategies.
- Make a space to capture reflections.
- Create opportunities for feedback.
Sponsored by TeacherLists
This episode is brought to you by TeacherLists. TeacherLists’ school supply list experience is easy, convenient, and best of all, FREE. Teachers—just post your supply lists on the TeacherLists online platform and share them with families. Families can then shop for everything they need directly through Target, Walmart, Amazon and other retailers. It’s the easy way to make sure kids come back to school with the supplies they need to succeed. Visit: teacherlists.com/techtips to post your supply lists today.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
Click to see the transcript
- Learn more about Amanda Hunt’s work on her website & Link Tree
- Connect with Amanda Hunt on Instagram & Twitter
- Free Stuff & EdTech Favorites from Monica Burns
- Kids Deserve It!: Pushing Boundaries and Challenging Conventional Thinking
- Teach Like a PIRATE: Increase Student Engagement, Boost Your Creativity, and Transform Your Life as an Educator
- The Wild Card: 7 Steps to an Educator’s Creative Breakthrough
- Personal & Authentic: Designing Learning Experiences That Impact a Lifetime
- Shattering the Perfect Teacher Myth: 6 Truths That Will Help you THRIVE as an Educator
- Canva for Education (Graphic design platform)
- What Teens Actually Need to Be Tech-Savvy with Dr. Cassidy Puckett (Podcast Episode)
- 4 Alternatives to Reading Teacher Books for Professional Learning (Podcast Episode)
- Flipped Professional Development for Educators from Hāpara (Blog Post)
- 10 Things Teachers Can Do with ChatGPT to Save Time (Blog Post)
- Free STEM Professional Development Opportunity for Teachers (Blog Post)
- Using Tech Tools to Personalize Professional Learning with Allie Rodman (Podcast Episode)
- How EdTech is Creating Personalized Learning Experiences (Podcast Episode)
- Useful Tips for Finding Podcasts to Enhance Content with Jeff Glade (Podcast Episode)
- Personal & Authentic Learning Experiences with Tom Murray (Podcast Episode)