In this episode, I spoke with Innovation Coach Jessica Holloway, all about her role supporting teachers with PBL, STEM education, and EdTech integration. You’ll hear Jessica share valuable advice for educators interested in taking on a similar coaching role. She emphasizes the importance of embracing risk, stepping out of your comfort zone, and adopting the role of a lead learner.
Tips from an Innovation Coach
- Embrace risk taking.
- Step out of your comfort zone.
- Take on the role of lead learner.
- Have fun along the way.
SPONSORED BY Ozobot
This episode is sponsored by Ozobot. Ozobot is redefining the role of robotics in education with award-winning programmable robots, patented screen-free coding programs, and STEAM-based learning solutions that transform the way students learn and create across all grades, subjects, and environments. And here’s the exciting news: from Friday, November 24th through Monday, November 27th, Ozobot is offering up to 50% off on select products, including the Evo Entry Kit with Evo, their award-winning coding robot. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to supercharge your classroom with these exciting learning solutions. Just visit shop.ozobot.com starting this Friday, November 24th to shop and save!
FOLLOW & REVIEW ON APPLE PODCASTS
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Connect with Jessica Holloway on Twitter (X), Instagram, & LinkedIn
- ChatGPT (Open AI)
- ASCD: Professional Learning & Community for Educators
- Artificial Intelligence Explorations and Their Practical Use in Schools (ISTE Course)
- 14 Artificial Intelligence Teaching Tools (Blog Post)
- Answers to Your Project-Based Learning Questions with Erin Murphy and Ross Cooper (Podcast Episode)
- How to Integrate Project-Based STEM Challenges into Your Teaching (Blog Post)
- Why Equity in STEM Education is Critical for the Future (Podcast Episode)
- Using Hāpara to Make Project Based Learning Easier (Blog Post)