In this episode, leaders from the educational world and co-authors of the new book Project Based Learning: Real Questions. Real Answers, Erin Murphy and Ross Cooper join me for a discussion on all things PBL. You’ll hear how you can empower your students with PBL and how their book will support your work every step of the way.
Do you want to learn more about Project Based Learning?
PBL is a powerful way to engage students in learning. It’s an inquiry-based approach that allows students to explore and discover knowledge through hands-on projects, rather than just memorizing facts. In this episode, leaders from the educational world and co-authors of the new book Project Based Learning: Real Questions. Real Answers, Erin Murphy and Ross Cooper join me for a discussion on all things PBL. You’ll hear how you can empower your students with PBL experiences and how their book will support your work every step of the way.
This podcast episode will help you get started with project based learning or improve what you’re already doing so that it’s even better for your students’ success in school and beyond!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
- First, determine your PBL goals.
- Next, choose your system for staying organized.
- Then, bring students into the routine.
- Finally, add on to your PBL goals.
Sponsored by Microsoft Education
This episode is sponsored by Microsoft Education and I’m so excited to partner with them this summer. Have you seen the new Reading Progress tool in Microsoft Teams? It’s totally free and will transform the way you think about reading fluency. I was completely blown away when I saw Reading Progress in action and I know you will be too. Just go to https://aka.ms/ReadingProgressPP to find out more about the free Reading Progress tool in Microsoft Teams.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out Erin Murphy and Ross Cooper’s website and new PBL book
- Connect with Erin Murphy and Ross Cooper on Twitter
- Schoology (K-12 learning management system)
- Canvas (Learning management system)
- Google Classroom
- Online Project-Based Learning for Classrooms & Distance Learning (Blog Post)
- How to Integrate Project-Based STEM Challenges into Your Teaching (Blog Post)
- 6 Creative Tools for Project-Based Learning (Blog Post)
- Tips for Project-Based Learning in Elementary & Middle School (Blog Post)
- Defined STEM Project-Based Learning Tasks (Blog Post)
- Project-Based Learning Activities with Project Pals (Blog Post)
- Digital Tips for Quick and Thoughtful Peer Feedback (Podcast Episode)
- Check for Understanding During Project-Based Learning Experiences (Blog Post)
- 3 Ways to Use Google Docs When You Don’t Have Google Classroom (Podcast Episode)
- 4 Tips for Assessing Online Learning and Feedback (Podcast Episode)
- Reading Progress: A Reading Fluency App in Microsoft Teams (Blog Post)