In this episode, Media Specialist, Lauren Mobley, joins for a chat about her role in education and how teachers and media specialists can collaborate to promote a love of reading using EdTech. You’ll also hear about some of her favorite digital resources and tools to support students as they build vital skills like digital citizenship and navigating digital spaces.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Teachers and Media Specialists
- Make connections online.
- Build out your network.
- Share your contributions.
- Lesson plan with OER.
- Support teachers asynchronously.
Sponsored by my Amazon Influencer Store
This episode is sponsored by my Amazon influencer store. It’s full of favorite tech tools, books featured on the podcast, and plenty of goodies to explore. To find it, click on the “Free Stuff & Favorites” button on my website, ClassTechTips.com – or click right here to go straight to the page.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
Click to see the transcript
- Learn more at Lauren Mobley’s website
- Connect with Lauren Mobley on LinkedIn, Instagram, & Twitter
- Pear Deck (Student Engagement tool)
- Canva for Education (Graphic Design platform)
- Wakelet (Content Management & Collaboration tool)
- School Librarians United Podcast
- OER Commons (Public digital library)
- FETC (Future of Education Technology Conference)
- Supercharge Student Learning with Pear Deck and GoGuardian Teacher (Blog Post)
- How to Support Healthy Media Use in Your Classroom with Lila Shroff (Podcast Episode)
- Why You Should Add Wakelet to Your Tool Belt with Rachel Coathup (Podcast Episode)
- Turning Reluctant Readers into Eager Readers with Digital Resources with Talia Kovacs (Podcast Episode)
- How to Use EdTech to Identify and Address Learning Needs (Blog Post)
- 7 Tools to Help You Build Collections for Students (Blog Post)
- How to Increase Participation During Asynchronous Instruction – Part 2 (Podcast Episode)
- What You Need to Know About EdTech in the Library with K.C. Boyd (Podcast Episode)
- How to Avoid Getting Overwhelmed with Technology with Dr. Florencia Henshaw (Podcast Episode)
- Expanding the Meaning of Digital Citizenship With Carrie Rogers-Whitehead (Podcast Episode)
- How to Help Students Better Navigate Digital Spaces (Podcast Episode)
- Tips to Help Liven Up Your Library Programming with Julia Torres and Valerie Tagoe (Podcast Episode)
- How to Create Digital Reading Activities with Capstone Connect and Seesaw (Blog Post)
- Creation Activities that Teach Digital Citizenship (Podcast Episode)
- How to Help Students Build Digital Reading Habits (Blog Post)