In this episode, I speak to K.C. Boyd all about the ways school librarians are integrating technology to support students across grade levels and subject areas. You’ll hear tips from K.C. on teaching media literacy, digital tools to differentiate reading experiences for kids, EdTech in the library and more!
EdTech in the Library
Listen to this episode where K.C. Boyd discusses ways educators are using technology to integrate across grade levels and subject areas and tips on teaching media literacy. We’ll chat about digital tools that support reading experiences with kids as well amazing advice from K.C.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Library EdTech Tips
- First, think about ways to promote media literacy.
- Next, try a new digital tool to engage readers.
- Then, differentiate reading experiences with eBooks and audiobooks.
- Finally, collaborate with the school librarian on digital citizenship skill-building.
Sponsored by HUE HD
This episode is sponsored by HUE at huehd.com. HUE makes colorful, affordable, document cameras and animation software for creative teaching and homeschooling. Including the new 1080p HUE HD Pro camera! HUE is happy to be participating in ISTE virtual this year! Make sure you check out the virtual Solutions Partner page for information, freebies, videos, and giveaways! Head over to the @HUEcameras on Instagram or Twitter for a chance to win and learn more about HUE HD here.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Join K.C. Boyd on Clubhouse
- Follow K.C. Boyd on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- The Clubhouse: Boss Librarian and Friends
- Sign the petition to support school libraries here
- Sora (eBook resource)
- Learning Ally (Audiobook resource)
- DC Public Library (Digital book resource)
- Clubhouse (Drop-in audio chat tool)
- Buncee (Remote learning tool)
- Canva (Graphic design platform)
- Nearpod (Student engagement tool)
- 8 Ways to Check for Understanding with Nearpod (Blog Post)
- Media Literacy For The Classroom: Online Course for Educators (Blog Post)
- Using Buncee to Teach Media Literacy (Blog Post)
- How to Lead Conversations About Media Use with Students (Blog Post)
- Free Nonfiction Articles for Kids and Reading at Home Tips (Blog Post)
- How to Support Healthy Media Use in Your Classroom with Lila Shroff (Podcast Episode)
- What Does Digital Citizenship Really Mean With Dr. Kristen Mattson (Podcast Episode)
- Read Aloud eBooks with Adaptive Assessment (Blog Post)
- Free eBooks for Kids with Assessments and Vocabulary Support (Blog Post)