In this episode, literacy expert Talia Kovacs shares strategies to support reluctant readers. You’ll hear tips for broadening our definition of reading, ways to use digital tools with students, and recommendations to share with families.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
- First, identify the main point or problem that you are noticing with that reluctant reader in your life.
- Next, review your definition of reading, and think of other things that might fall into that category.
- Then, provide ways for students to share that include video, audio or voice to text.
- Finally, mix it up for your reluctant readers to make the most of digital resources this year.
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Talia Kovac’s website (for family resources for reluctant readers)
- Talia Kovac’s Instagram and Facebook
- Litlifepd.com (literacy resources for educators)
- Epic! (Online book collection)
- myON (Online book collection)
- Minecraft Education Comics
- wikiHow (How-to guides with step-by-step instructions)
- Superhero Comic Book Maker (iOs App)
- Wordwall (Interactive and Printable ELA resources)
- Flipgrid (Video discussion tool)
- Flipgrid Shorts (Video discussion tool)
- How To Share Spark Video with Flipgrid (Blog Post)
- Spark Post + Flipgrid Shorts = An Epic Combo (Blog Post)
- Seesaw (Student driven Digital Portfolios & ParentCommunication)
- Showcase Student Learning With Seesaw Updates (Blog Post)
- Tips for Creating Podcasts with Students with Michele Haiken (Podcast Episode)
- Storyline Online Youtube Channel
- Read Aloud Videos and Teacher Guides from Storyline Online (Blog Post)
- How to Use Flipgrid for Book Clubs (Blog Post)
Grab the Guide of Favorites!
Quick tips and favorite EdTech tools for readers and writers!
Enter your information for your free guide - it will arrive instantly in your inbox.
This special guide includes:
- a poster of reading EdTech tools
- activities you can use right away
- spotlight EdTech tools
- and more!
I can't wait for you to join me on this EdTech journey!
Best, Dr. Monica Burns - Founder of ClassTechTips.com
When you click below I'll also add you to my list for periodic messages over the course of the year.