In this episode, educator and author, Dr. Florencia Henshaw, joins to discuss how teachers can avoid getting overwhelmed with technology. You’ll also hear her unique perspective of working with learners in teacher education programs as well as how to keep things simple and keep the focus on pedagogy.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips to Avoid Getting Overwhelmed
- Focus on the task.
- Examine “return on time” investment.
- Look at what your favorite tools already do.
- Figure out if a tool works for your goals
Sponsored by my Quick Reference Guide
This episode is sponsored by my Quick Reference Guide on Classroom Technology Tips. Have you seen this yet? Although I love books, a Quick Reference Guide or QRG is a perfect way to get lots of information and have a handy resource to refer to. It’s laminated, just six panels and even three-hole punched in case you’re rocking a Trapper Keeper or have a favorite binder full of professional learning ideas. Learn more at ClassTechTips.com/Books, or go to Amazon and type in my name Monica Burns. You’ll have to scroll past the romance novels written by someone with the same name, but I promise you’ll find the QRGs there, too.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Connect with Dr. Florencia Henshaw on LinkedIn
- Follow Dr. Florencia Henshaw on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Dr. Florencia Henshaw’s Wakelet collections and presentations & publications
- Simple Strategies to Avoid Tech Exhaustion (Dr. Henshaw’s Edutopia Article)
- Pear Deck (Student engagement tool)
- Google Translate
- Nearpod (Student engagement tool)
- Why Optimize Is My One Word for 2022 (Podcast Episode)
- Minimalist Classroom Strategies to Set a Purpose This School Year with Christine Arnold (Podcast Episode)
- How to Support New Teachers with Technology Integration with Dr. Samantha Fecich (Podcast Episode)
- 7 Digital Spring Cleaning Tips for Every Educator (Blog Post)
- Simple Strategies and EdTech Tools to Boost Productivity with Tammy Musiowsky (Podcast Episode)
- A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Easy EdTech Club (Podcast Episode)
- Answers to Your Mailbag EdTech Questions (Blog Post)
- 4 Reasons to Consider Potty PD This School Year (Blog Post)
- 5 Tips to Keep EdTech Simple This School Year (Blog Post)
- Just 3 Tech Tips to Try This Year (Podcast Episode)