In this episode, educator and author Carrie Rogers-Whitehead joins to discuss the meaning of digital citizenship, including how to embed this practice across diverse learning environments and subject areas. You’ll hear how her book Deepening Digital Citizenship, with co-author Dr. Vanessa Monterosa, promotes equitable access to all students and guides the process of crafting inclusive policies to promote digital citizenship systemwide.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Exploring the Meaning of Digital Citizenship
- Review the ISTE Standards.
- Knowledge is the first step.
- Pick a skill to focus on .
- Look at risk factors that cause a behavior.
- Connect AI to media literacy skills.
Sponsored by my Planner Pages
This episode is sponsored by my free weekly planner pages! I’ve created a downloadable set of planner pages for you that you can start using today. It’s a great way to stay organized in the new year or any time you like. Print them out to write in your daily schedule and tasks, or use the file on your tablet or computer to keep track of your to-do list and set your priorities each day. These planner pages are totally free, and you can find them at classtechtips.com/planner
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out the Digital Respons-Ability website
- Follow Digital Respons-Ability on Instagram , Twitter, & LinkedIn
- Learn more about Carrie Rogers-Whitehead & Dr. Vanessa Monterosa’s book Deepening Digital Citizenship on its website
- Find Deepening Digital Citizenship on Amazon & ISTE
- Follow co-author Dr. Vanessa Monterosa on Twitter
- ISTE Standards
- Leveling Up DigCit Skills with AI (Free webinar with Digital Respons-Ability)
- ChatGPT (Open AI)
- What Does Digital Citizenship Really Mean With Dr. Kristen Mattson (Podcast Episode)
- Creation Activities that Teach Digital Citizenship (Podcast Episode)
- Digital Citizenship Lesson Ideas for Students (Blog Post)
- Exploring the Role of Education in the Metaverse (Blog Post)
- Why We Should Build Curriculum Around Real-World Education (Podcast Episode)
- How to Help Students Better Navigate Digital Spaces [EdTech Essentials Spotlight] (Podcast Episode)
- What Teens Actually Need to Be Tech-Savvy with Dr. Cassidy Puckett (Podcast Episode)
- Social Emotional Learning in the Digital World with Krista Leh (Podcast Episode)
- The Importance of Supporting Students with Mobile Devices (Podcast Episode)
- Using Technology to Scaffold Social-Emotional Learning Skills (Blog Post)
- Supporting Social Emotional Learning in the Classroom (Blog Post)