In this episode, Lila Shroff shares her perspective on healthy media use and ways to have discussions about social media in your classroom. Lila is on a gap year and offers a student perspective on podcasting as an authentic project for students, and activities you can try out with students of all ages.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Healthy Media Use
- Review your own definition for healthy media use
- Examine how students interact with media
- Decide on an activity that gets students thinking critically
- Share an idea with a colleague
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Lila Shroff’s Twitter
- Lila Shroff’s Linkedin
- KUOW RadioActive
- Splice Beta
- Soundtrap for Education
- Soundtrap Summit Day #3 Recap (Podcast Episode)
- Media Literacy For The Classroom: Online Course for Educators (Blog Post)
- Using Buncee to Teach Media Literacy (Blog Post)
- How to Lead Conversations About Media Use with Students (Blog Post)
- Podcasting in the Classroom? Here’s a Byte-Sized Option (Blog Post)
- Forget a Debate! Try a Podcast with Students Instead (Podcast Episode)
- Creation Activities that Teach Digital Citizenship (Podcast Episode)
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)