In this episode, I’m joined by Joseph Sanfilippo, Director of eLearning at OTIS for Educators, to discuss how to identify the best EdTech tools for your school. You’ll hear Joseph share advice and recommendations for educators so they can make the most of the EdTech that is out there and available to them.
Best EdTech Tools for Your School
Today’s episode is all about “Identifying the Best EdTech Tools for Your School” and I’m so excited to chat with Joseph Sanfilippo . He and I have chatted about EdTech in the past and it’s great to have him on the podcast to share some advice and recommendations for educators. As you’ll hear during our conversation, Joseph shares tips you might bring into your own practice and ones that can spark a discussion with your colleagues, too.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Choosing EdTech
- First, bring all stakeholders into the conversation.
- Next, review current curriculum initiatives.
- Then, prioritize new tools in your tool belt.
- Finally, remove barriers for adoption of new tools.
Sponsored by Teq
This episode is sponsored by Teq and I’m so excited to partner with them for a webinar series this fall. It’s totally free and you can join one or all four of these webinars covering EdTech topics like creation in the classroom, assessment tips, and more. Register for the event or sign up to view the replays on their website. Just go to otispd.com, click on Upcoming Events, and you’ll find four free webinars you can join. That’s otispd.com You can also send me a DM on Instagram and I’ll make sure to get you the link.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out OTIS for Educators and TEQ websites
- Send an email to OTIS or directly to Joseph Sanfilippo
- Connect with Joseph Sanfilippo, OTIS for Educators on Twitter
- Dash and Dot (STEAM Resources)
- SAMR model (Edutopia article)
- Lumio by SMART (Digital learning tool)
- SMART Notebook (Online presentation software)
- Flipgrid (Video discussion tool)
- Adobe Spark for Education (Information on setting up free tools)
- Nearpod (Student engagement tool)
- Schoology (K-12 learning management system)
- Zoom (Video Conferencing tool)
- Camtasia (Screen recorder & video editor)
- Google Classroom
- Screencastify (Screen Recorder tool)
- EdTech Books by Monica Burns
- EdTech Tools for Your Classroom
- How to Increase Participation During Synchronous Instruction – Part 1 (Podcast Episode)
- How to Increase Participation During Asynchronous Instruction – Part 2 (Podcast Episode)
- 10 Tools Every Coach Can Use Tomorrow (Podcast Episode)
- Must-Have Tech Tools for Instructional Coaches (Podcast Episode)
- Strategies for Coaching Educators in the Digital World (Blog Post)
- How Flipping Your Classroom Can Save You Time with Mandy Rice (Podcast Episode)
- 6 Reasons to Lead Your Next Faculty Meeting with Nearpod (Blog Post)
- Simple Strategies and EdTech Tools to Boost Productivity with Tammy Musiowsky (Podcast Episode)
- How Art Fits Into Your STEM Curriculum with Tim Needles (Podcast Episode)
- Adobe Spark and Nearpod: Tips for a Must-Try Combo (Blog Post)