In this episode, you’ll hear strategies that boost engagement and increase participation during live video lessons and synchronous instruction. If you are participating in synchronous learning experiences this year, this episode has six strategies to try out with students during your next online lesson.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
- First, review your “why” for synchronous instruction.
- Next, choose a strategy for your next video call.
- Then, ask students for feedback on the activity.
- Finally, try a new strategy on the list.
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Zoom (Video Conferencing tool)
- Google Meet (Video Conferencing tool)
- Google Slides (Free Online Presentation Tool)
- Padlet (Online Discussion tool)
- Jamboard (Collaborative Digital Whiteboard)
- Kahoot! (Game Based Learning Platform)
- Backchannel Chat (Tool for Online Discussions)
- How to Get Started With Backchannels (Podcast Episode)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Kahoot’s Summer Update (Blog Post)
- How to Add Captions to Zoom Class During Distance Learning (Blog Post)
- 4 Tips for Assessing Online Learning and Feedback (Podcast Episode)
- Infused Classroom Tips for Remote Learning with Tanya Avrith and Holly Clark (Podcast Episode)