In this episode, Dr. Samantha Fecich, educator, author, and podcast host joins me for a discussion around how best to support new teachers in today’s diverse classrooms. You’ll also hear some of her favorite versatile EdTech tools for any new teacher’s tool belt.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
New Teacher Tips
- First, hands-on experiences are so important.
- Next, emphasize versatile tools.
- Then, encourage learning from mistakes.
- Finally, incorporate demos and observations.
Sponsored by Microsoft Education
This episode is sponsored by Microsoft Education and I’m so excited to partner with them this summer. Have you seen all of the new updates in Microsoft Teams? I love the new Reflect for Assignments that lets students share how they are feeling and think about their emotions. This is just one of the dozens of updates to Microsoft Teams. Head to http://aka.ms/teamsPP to find out more about Microsoft Teams and all of the new updates! You can also send me a DM on Instagram while you’re listening to this episode and I’ll send you the link.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out Dr. Samantha Fecich’s website, books, and podcast
- Follow Dr. Samantha Fecich on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Nearpod (Student engagement tool)
- Canva (Graphic design platform)
- Bitmoji (Avatar creator)
- 8 Ways to Check for Understanding with Nearpod (Blog Post)
- Supercharge Student Learning with Pear Deck and GoGuardian Teacher (Blog Post)
- Must-Have Productivity Tools for Teachers (Podcast Episode)
- 6 Creative Tools for Project-Based Learning (Blog Post)
- 10 Little-Known Google-Friendly Tools You Need to Know About with Eric Curts (Podcast Episode)
- Simple Strategies and EdTech Tools to Boost Productivity with Tammy Musiowsky (Podcast Episode)
- Ideas and Tech Tools for STEAM Classrooms (Blog Post)
- Tips For Coaches Tackling Remote Learning with Martine Brown (Podcast Episode)
- Quick Tips for Microsoft Distance Learning Tools (Blog Post)
- 10 Tools Every Coach Can Use Tomorrow (Podcast Episode)
- Must-Try Updates from Microsoft Teams Assignments (Blog Post)