In this episode, EdTech consultant Dr. Desiree Alexander shares tips for teachers using breakout rooms during video calls this year. You’ll hear strategies for getting started with breakout rooms and how to take it to the next level. Whether you are using Zoom, Google Meet, or another video conferencing tool this year, this episode has you covered!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
- First, figure out your breakout room tool, maybe it’s Google Meet.
- Next, have a clear call-to-action for students before you even send them out to a room on their own with their small group of students.
- Then, make sure that everyone knows their role.
- Finally, finally have something for students to do as a follow-up or for accountability.
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Desiree Alexander’s Website
- Follow Desiree Alexander and Subscribe
- Desiree Alexander’s YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- Zoom (Video Conferencing tool)
- Google Meet (Video Conferencing tool)
- Microsoft Teams (Collaboration tool)
- Google Slides (Interactive Presentation Software)
- G Suite Enterprise for Education (Video conferencing tool)
- Schoology (K-12 learning management system)
- Canvas (Learning Management System)
- Kahoot! (Game Based Learning Platform)
- 5 Ways To Kick Off Your Next Zoom Call (Podcast Episode)
- Microsoft Teams for Collaboration and Feedback (Blog Post)
- Everything Happening at FETC with Session Preview and Resources (Podcast Episode)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Kahoot’s Summer Update (Blog Post)
- How to Add Captions to Zoom Class During Distance Learning (Blog Post)
- Sharing Adobe Spark Creations with Google Slides (Blog Post)
- Tips for Attending Conferences from Your Couch (Podcast Episode)