In this episode, you’ll learn about my presentations at the 2020 FETC conference in Miami. You’ll also hear about plenty of EdTech topics and resources I’m excited about this year with tips you can try out right away.
Subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
In this episode I’m going to give you a sneak peek at something exciting happening this month. In just a few days I’ll head to Miami for the FETC conference. I’m very excited to have been invited back as a featured speaker this year. It’s one of my favorite EdTech events and if you’re headed to FETC, this episode will serve as a preview of what I am up to throughout the conference week. And if you’re not headed to FETC, this episode will serve as a way to get some new tips of things I’m excited about in 2020, and get access to resources I am sharing during my sessions.
Also, if you want to follow along with the conference at home, I have an entire podcast episode full of tips for doing just that. Check out episode 020 titled Tips to Attending Conferences from Your Couch.
FETC with Session Preview and Resources
So let’s make this EdTech easy…
1. Choose something you’d like to learn more about this school year
2. Attend a session or find a resource that can help you move towards this goal
3. Set a timeline for when you’ll try out this new thing with students
4. Tell a friend or colleague about your success and struggles and maybe they’ll try it out too!
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to my podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on iTunes the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Tasks Before Apps: Designing Rigorous Learning in a Tech-Rich
- 40 Ways to Inject Creativity into Your Classroom with Adobe Spark
- Future of Educational Technology Conference (FETC)
- My 2019 FETC Workshop Schedule
- Tips for Attending Conferences from Your Couch (podcast episode)
- Adobe Spark (Information on setting up free tools)
- Adobe Spark for Education (Information on setting up free tools)
- Spark Video planning pages (my free graphic organizers)
- Making Infographics (Blog Post)
- Creating Weekly Journals (Blog post)
- Seasonal Poems (Blog post)
- Giving Eyes to the Exit Slip (Blog Post)
- Book Creator (create ebooks on iPad, Chromebooks and on the web)
- How to Get Started with Backchannels (podcast episode)
- Nearpod (Student engagement tool)
- Google Arts & Culture
- 360 Images
- Oculus Rift (Virtual Reality Resource)
- Google Cardboard (Virtual Reality Resource)
- Google Cardboard on Amazon
- Tips for Using Social Media to Tell Your School’s Story (Podcast episode)
- 10 Tips for Using Social Media to Tell Your School’s Story (Blog Post)
- Backchannel (resource)
- Epic! (Digital Library)