In this episode, I’m joined by Dr. Marquita S. Blades, for a timely discussion about creating a framework for integrating artificial intelligence into schools. You’ll also hear strategies for connecting your school’s values to your AI framework, putting pedagogy before EdTech tools, and reframing the conversation around how AI can help save teachers time.
AI Framework Tips for Teachers
- Connect your values to AI goals.
- Think about strategies before tools.
- Reframe the conversation on ways you’re saving time.
SPONSORED BY MY QUICK REFERENCE GUIDES
This week’s episode is sponsored by my quick reference guides. These quick reference guides give you an overview of big topics and plenty of resource suggestions on a variety of topics. Search for Monica Burns on Amazon to find my quick reference guides on AI Chatbots, one on Classroom Technology Tips, and another co written with Pam Allyn on Digital Reading Strategies. Or head to ClassTechTips.com/Books for more information.
FOLLOW & REVIEW ON APPLE PODCASTS
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Learn more about Dr. Marquita S. Blades’ work on her website
- Access Dr. Marquita S. Blades’ FREE Resources, AI Seminars, & Books (including FREE AI Integration Roadmap download)
- Sign up for Dr. Marquita S. Blades’ Creating a High-Quality Instructional Climate Webinar
- Connect with Dr. Marquita S. Blades on Twitter (X), Facebook, & Instagram
- ShiftinEdu Conference learn more here
- Padlet (Online discussion tool)
- Khanmigo (AI-powered guide for tutoring & assistance)
- Khan Academy and the Features You Might Have Missed (Blog Post)
- AI in the Classroom Tips from a Teacher Using ChatGPT with Richard Perry (Podcast Episode)
- 14 Artificial Intelligence Teaching Tools (Blog Post)
- What Administrators Should Know About AI in Schools with Dr. Kristan Rodriguez (Podcast Episode)