In this episode, Instructional Coach Lauren Hawkins shares exciting ideas and resources for creating review games for students with a digital twist. Tune in for valuable insights on striking the perfect balance between fun and learning, crafting effective game structures, and discovering some favorite tools to make your review games a hit.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Creating Review Games
- Find the balance between content and gaming.
- Leverage digital tools.
- Create games with different types of questions.
- Build in support structures.
Sponsored by Britannica Professional Learning
A big thank you to our sponsor for this episode, Britannica Professional Learning. They’re dedicated to growing and retaining exceptional educators by providing tailored professional learning solutions that help both educators and students thrive. With a focus on Activating, Enhancing, and Growth, Britannica Professional Learning offers customized professional development that supports teachers in building product knowledge, enhancing pedagogical expertise, and driving student growth. Elevate your teaching practices and empower your students by visiting www.britannicaeducation.com and discover how they can help you transform your classroom.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Connect with Lauren Hawkins on Twitter
- Take a peek at Lauren Hawkins’ website/digital portfolio
- 💚Google Sheets | Sum of Three (Geometry Example | Sum of Three Cards )
- 💚Google Sheets | Digital Breakout (Algebra 2 Example)
- 🔗Genially | Digital Escape Room (AP Human Example)
- 🔗Genially | Dungeon & Dragon Game (Geometry Example)
- 🧠SMART Notebook | Who Stole the Cookies (Geometry Example)
- 📝Paper Activity | Math Libs (Algebra Example & Student Handout)
- Socrative (Engagement & Assessment tool)
- Quizlet Live (Game-Based Learning Platform)
- How to Add Educational Games to Your Next Classroom Activity (Blog Post)
- Create Interactive Assignments to Match Your Math Lesson Plans (Blog Post)
- Using Tech to Help Students Overcome Math Anxiety with Allison Dillard (Podcast Episode)
- How to Choose the Best Gamified Reading App (Blog Post)
- Engaging Algebra Game for Middle School Math (Blog Post)
- How Games Can Make Learning Stick (Podcast Episode)
- Create Interactive Graphics for a Quick Classroom Activity (Blog Post)
- How to Use Digital Math Tools With Your Students with Naomi Church (Podcast Episode)
- Engaging Game-Based Learning Curriculum (Blog Post)