What role does technology play in your math classroom? In this episode, Naomi Church shares tips for everyday math lessons and shares strategies for incorporating UDL (Universal Design for Learning) into your math instruction. You’ll hear how to incorporate distance learning practices into a face-to-face classroom setting to give students multiple ways to learn and share with digital math tools.
Digital Math Tools and UDL
After listening to Naomi Church share her tips for everyday math lessons in this episode, you’ll hear how she incorporates UDL (Universal Design for Learning) into your math instruction. You’ll learn about different techniques and ways of incorporating distance learning practices so they can be used face-to-face with students who need more support when it comes to mathematics.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Math Tools With Your Students
- First, give students multiple ways to respond.
- Next, have students show what they can do, not what they can’t do.
- Then, choose tools that compliment your LMS.
- Finally, take distance learning wins into blended learning.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Connect with Naomi Church on LinkedIn
- Check out Growing Minds Consulting’s website
- Follow Growing Minds Consulting on Twitter and Facebook
- Canvas (Learning Management System)
- Nearpod (Student engagement tool)
- StudyJams! (digital math and science resource)
- Didax (Virtual Manipulatives)
- PearDeck (Student engagement tool)
- Combining Explicit STrategy Instruction and Mastery Practice to Build Arithmetic Fact Fluency (Article)
- Motivation Matters: Three Strategies to Support Motivation and Engagement in Mathematics (Article)
- Ways to Make EdTech Easier in 2021 (Podcast Episode)
- 10 Quick Tips to Organize Your Google Drive (Freebie)
- More Engaging Video Learning 6 Strategies That Work (Blog Post)
- Tips for Creating Podcasts with Students with Michele Haiken (Podcast Episode)
- 8 Ways to Check for Understanding with Nearpod (Blog Post)
- How to Increase Participation During Synchronous Instruction – Part 1 (Podcast Episode)
- How to Increase Participation During Asynchronous Instruction – Part 2 (Podcast Episode)
- Quick Classroom Activity for Making Math Memes with Spark Post (Blog Post)
- Differentiate Your Reading and Math Activities With Adobe Spark (Blog Post)
- Free Math Videos for Kids Tackling Math Problems (Blog Post)
- Problem-Based Middle School Math Curriculum (Blog Post)
- Math Puzzles for Kids feat. ST Math Chats (Blog Post)
- Create Math Courses On Demand with Curriculum Engine (Blog Post)
- Learn How To Create a Positive Math Culture (Blog Post)
- Movie-Making in the STEM Classroom (Blog Post)