In this episode, math educator and author, Allison Dillard, joins to discuss how to help students overcome math anxiety in any classroom. You’ll also hear how to leverage technology to start conversations with students about their feelings regarding math and take what you learn into your planning.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips to Overcome Math Anxiety
- Start conversations with students about their feelings about math.
- Take what you learn into your planning.
- Use technology to get a picture of student thinking.
Sponsored by Monica’s Etsy Store
This episode is sponsored by my Etsy store. Did you know that I have an Etsy store full of printables? If you’re listening in November, make sure to check out all of my Thanksgiving and Fall activities and games for your classroom. You can print them out or use the PDF files alongside your favorite EdTech tool. Head to Etsy.com and search for “class tech tips” or use the link in the show notes and podcast description to explore the new items I’ve created.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Check out Allison Dillard’s website, books, & podcast
- Follow Allison Dillard on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram
- The Empowering Math Teacher Virtual Conference (free ticket)
- Socrative (Web-based student-response system)
- Microsoft Flip (Video discussion tool)
- Headspace app (Meditation & anxiety management tool)
- Calm app (Meditation & anxiety management tool)
- Brain.fm (Music for focusing)
- Lumio by SMART (Digital learning tool)
- Nearpod (Student engagement tool)
- How To Make Math the Best Part of the School Day (Blog Post)
- Online Reading and Math Extra Help for Kids with SplashLearn Courses (Blog Post)
- Quick Classroom Activity for Making Math Memes with Spark Post (Blog Post)
- How to Give Students Extra Math Help with Yup (Blog Post)
- Create Interactive Assignments to Match Your Math Lesson Plans (Blog Post)
- Maximize Every Student Device with a Lumio Lesson (Blog Post)
- How to Use Digital Math Tools With Your Students with Naomi Church (Podcast Episode)
- Differentiate Your Reading and Math Activities With Adobe Spark (Blog Post)
- How to Send Assignments to Support Math Learning (Blog Post)
- Free Math Videos for Kids Tackling Math Problems (Blog Post)
- Problem-Based Middle School Math Curriculum (Blog Post)
- Math Puzzles for Kids feat. ST Math Chats (Blog Post)
- Create Math Courses On Demand with Curriculum Engine (Blog Post)
- Learn How To Create a Positive Math Culture (Blog Post)
- 8 Pinterest Pages for Math Teachers (Blog Post)