In this episode, we’ll explore how using an animated video with students can spark curiosity, provide background knowledge, and act as an exemplar for their own creations. You’ll also hear ten reasons to use animated explainer videos with your class plus how to access my free ebook with more than double the reasons!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Animated Videos
- Choose your strategy from the list.
- Pick a video to model for students.
- Examine the extra features like captions.
- Share your favorite video or strategy with a colleague.
Sponsored by my Quick Reference Guide
This episode is sponsored by my Quick Reference Guide on Classroom Technology Tips. Have you seen this yet? Although I love books, a Quick Reference Guide or QRG is a perfect way to get lots of information and have a handy resource to refer to. It’s laminated, just six panels and even three-hole punched in case you’re rocking a Trapper Keeper or have a favorite binder full of professional learning ideas. Learn more at ClassTechTips.com/Books, or go to Amazon and type in my name Monica Burns. You’ll have to scroll past the romance novels written by someone with the same name, but I promise you’ll find the QRGs there, too.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- TED-Ed website and Youtube Channel
- TED Talks Youtube Channel
- 25 Reasons To Use TED-Ed In Your Classroom Blog Post & Free Ebook
- Wakelet (Content Management & Collaboration tool)
- Newsela (ELA & Current Events resource)
- Why You Should Add Wakelet to Your Tool Belt with Rachel Coathup (Podcast Episode)
- Connecting Flipped Learning to Differentiated Instruction with Martha Ramirez & Carolina R. Buitrago (Podcast Episode)
- Quick QR Code Tips To Add To Your Toolbelt (Podcast Episode)
- Add QR Codes to Posters With These Quick Steps (Blog Post)
- How to Use Video Playlists to Differentiate Instruction (Blog Post)
- Ways to Use Video Playlists in the Classroom (Podcast Episode)
- How to Create Top Five Lists of Resources for Families (Podcast Episode)
- 5 Tips for Sharing Online Learning Resources with Families (Podcast Episode)