In this episode, I share a selection of strategies I use daily to make the most of a digital calendar and save precious time throughout the day. You’ll hear my favorite calendar tips for educators, including how to keep track of weekly brainstorming sessions, monthly meetings, and one-time events you don’t want to miss with Google Calendar or any other digital calendar platform you may use.
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Calendar tips for educators
- Use the cal.new shortcut.
- Try out the calendar search bar.
- Color code your calendar.
- Share a shortcut or tip with a colleague.
Sponsored by EdTech Essentials
This episode is sponsored by EdTech Essentials: The Top 10 Technology Strategies for All Learning Environments, my newest book from ASCD. Readers will find timely, and accessible lesson ideas and strategies. EdTech Essentials shares ways to prepare students to be productive, responsible users of technology both within and outside the classroom. Find EdTech Essentials on Amazon, or head over to ClassTechTips.com to learn more and download the free study guide. A quick note about Amazon: If you search for me, Monica Burns, on Amazon you’ll see some spicy books from an author with the same name as me – so if you head to my website, you’ll find more information about the book and a direct link to find EdTech Essentials on Amazon.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Microsoft Outlook Calendar
- Apple Calendar
- Google Calendar
- Google Calendar Help Center (Shortcut Links)
- Connect with Class Tech Tips on Instagram , Twitter, & Facebook
- Free Stuff & EdTech Favorites from Monica Burns
- 6 Time-Saving Tips for Teachers (Edutopia Article)
- 7 Digital Spring Cleaning Tips for Every Educator (Blog Post)
- Just 3 Tech Tips to Try This Year (Podcast Episode)
- Spring Cleaning Guide: 5 Tips to Upgrade Your Digital Workflow (Podcast Episode)
- What Teens Actually Need to Be Tech-Savvy with Dr. Cassidy Puckett (Podcast Episode)
- Your Educator Guide for Making the Most of Google Keep (Blog Post)
- Quick Tip to Save You Time on YouTube (Podcast Episode)
- How Flipping Your Classroom Can Save You Time with Mandy Rice (Podcast Episode)
- 3 Time-Saving Assessment Tips for Teachers with Willisa Osburn (Podcast Episode)
- Minimalist Classroom Strategies to Set a Purpose This School Year with Christine Arnold (Podcast Episode)