In this episode, we’ll dive into how educators can unlock the power of Instagram to connect, share, and learn. You’ll also hear how Instagram can accomplish things other social media platforms can’t and help connect you with other educators who are also passionate about their craft and the thoughtful integration of digital tools. Join the Instagram teachers who love to learn and share on this platform.
I’m not sure about you, but sometimes it takes me a little while to jump on the bandwagon or try something new. I started using Twitter in 2012, but even though Instagram came along later, it took a great conversation at FETC in 2018 (with past podcast guest Jennifer Williams) to convince me I should get in the game from a professional perspective, to connect, share and learn on this popular platform. Now like most things that I’m late to the party to (like watching Ted Lasso or The Bachelor) I’m so glad I finally jumped in!
Listen to the podcast episode on your favorite platform:
Tips for Instagram Teachers
- Follow favorites and pay attention to Stories.
- Don’t ignore the Explore tab and use hashtags.
- Stay connected to events so you can follow along.
- Post your passions, interests and advice to inspire others.
Sponsored by Tract
This episode is sponsored by Tract, the first online community where kids teach kids. By unifying the process of creating fun, TikTok-style videos with project-based learning, Tract unlocks every child’s potential to be an impactful creator while sharpening 21st Century Skills. From Genius Hour and GATE Enrichment, to PBL Time and Distance or Hybrid Learning, teacher’s can leverage Tract’s FREE peer-to-peer learning model to transform teaching time while increasing your impact. To get your FREE classroom account, visit teach.tract.app, and use access code MONICA at sign up.
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on Apple Podcasts the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
- Follow Monica Burns on Instagram
- Teaching Your Lessons on Instagram Live with Jose Vilson (Podcast Episode)
- Why Teachers are Paying Attention to Instagram (Podcast Episode)
- How To Tell Your School’s Story on Instagram with Spark Post (Blog Post)
- Why I’m Super Excited About Instagram for Teachers (Blog Post)
- How Educators are Using the Exclusive Social Media App Clubhouse (Blog Post)
- 3 Ways to Make the Most of Pinterest if You’re Teaching This Year (Podcast Episode)
- Creating Real Audiences for Student Projects with Jennifer Hall (Podcast Episode)
- A Microblogging Lesson Idea and Template You Can Customize (Blog Post)
- 3 Reasons Educators Shouldn’t Ignore TikTok (Podcast Episode)
- How to Help Students Be Respectful in Online Spaces with Hedreich Nichols (Podcast Episode)