In this episode, Jose Vilson shares how he uses Instagram Live to teach math lessons and connect with his students. You’ll also hear tips for trying out this strategy and the benefits of building community during remote learning by teaching on Instagram Live.
Subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform:
Teaching on Instagram Live
So let’s make this EdTech easy…
- Create or open up your Instagram account
- Jot down a few talking points on a sticky note
- Start your Live feed using the option in Stories
- Respond to comments and save the video for others to watch later
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Have you subscribed to my podcast yet? I don’t want you to miss an episode and hope you’ll keep following along with me on this podcast journey. When you follow along on iTunes the new episodes will appear in the app so you don’t have to remember to go looking for them… Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! And if you have a minute for a BIG favor, add a rating and review to the podcast, too — I would certainly appreciate it!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Quick Reference Guide on Classroom Technology Tips
- This Is Not A Test: A New Narrative on Race, Class, and Education (Jose Vilson’s Book)
- Jose Vilson’s Website
- EduColor (Jose Vilson’s Organization)
- Jose Vilson Instagram
- Jose Vilson Twitter
- EduColor Twitter
- EduColor Instagram
- Jose Vilson YouTube
- EduColor Facebook
- Prodigy (Math Game)
- Edutopia (Educational Videos)
- Google Classroom
Ready to make this the best year yet?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and periodic special messages...
and you'll get INSTANT access to my special guide:
12 EdTech Tips for The Most Successful Year Yet!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)